NEW SEASON OF OPEN WATER
We start the Open Water season
Below we present the Open Water project of the Barcelona City Council with the collaboration of Club Lleuresport, which aims to encourage the practice of swimming in open water both for people who want to start and for those who already have an intermediate level (The minimum necessary to come is to be able to go and return to the buoy located 200m from the coast).
We will leave from the IEM Espai de Mar. We meet on Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. already changed and changed! In the center you will have lockers, changing rooms, toilets and showers and you will be able to arrive before the start of the session.
There will be 12 free consecutive sessions of an hour and a half, with a qualified instructor, on Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., with the option of continuing with us on a timely basis or with a session bonus for initiation courses or improvement. Check prices on our website. espaidemar.cat
As in every year, it is necessary to reserve a place. To do this, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the signed pdf below. 12 totally free consecutive sessions of an hour and a half will be reserved, with a qualified instructor, on Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Once these sessions are over, you will have the option of continuing with us on a timely basis or with a session voucher for beginner or advanced courses. We will confirm if you have a place or not.
Let us remind you that it is an open water initiation group, so if you have too much level the monitor will be able to refer you to the improvement group that takes place on Saturdays.
If you want to use neoprene and/or buoy, they can be rented at our facility (7 euros for the neoprene and 3 euros for the buoy)
Classes will start on May 10 until December 20 and, although it is a schedule, on November 1 and December 6 the activity will not take place coinciding with a holiday.
For more information you can contact email@example.com
OPEN WATER REGULATIONS
Before the session:
- The groups will adapt to the current restrictions of the IEM Espai de Mar center, it will be mandatory to reserve a place in advance.
- Once your reservation is confirmed, we will automatically reserve 12 consecutive sessions for you.
- If you cannot come on a specific date, you will not be able to recover any unused sessions unless there is a medical reason.
- Failure to attend 3 sessions without medical justification will imply the cancellation of subsequent reservations and the place will be assigned to a person on the waiting list.
- Anyone who carries out the activity has at their disposal the use of a changing room to be able to change and leave their belongings, which includes a locker and shower. You can access the locker room 30 minutes before to be ready at the start time of the session.
- If you arrive after the session has started, you will not be able to access it.
- To participate in the session it is necessary to be able to go and return to the buoy at least (about 500 meters). At most, about 1,000 meters will be done per session depending on the level of the group.
- The technical staff will be able to assess the need to change your group if your level is higher and you are prepared to measure 1,500 meters or more.
- You can rent a buoy and neoprene at the reception of the center.
- In case you have not returned the signed documents, you will sign them at the reception before the session.
- If the weather conditions do not allow the session to take place, it will be canceled and the reservation will be compensated.
During the session:
- The instructions of the technical staff must be followed at all times. In case of not doing so, reserves the right to cancel the reservations made.
After the session:
- If you rent our neoprene or buoy, you will remove it before entering the center and leave it in the bucket at reception for later cleaning and disinfection.
I, ____________________________________________________________ sign that I understand and agree to the above guidelines as of _________, 2023: